Monday, June 18, 2012

The Journey

The 48 hour journey began around 7:30 am in Milwaukee. Arrival at Mitchell International with Mom, Dad and Rachel. Painless enough, with the exception of a quick but emotional "adios" outside of the iconic renaissance bookstore. A fast 45 minute flight later I found myself in Minneapolis where Joe picked me up. We headed to the mall of America (which I found to be a display of many things that are wrong with America) and loved every minute. Plans to go to Beer Fest at the St. Paul State Fairgrounds turned into me visiting his very luxorious apartment and beers and lawn bowling at Brit's. Ten hours later I was back at the airport ready to depart for Atlanta. Aunt Clare picked me up and whisked me away to lovely Decatur. We had a beer and chatted and decided we were both exhausted. The next morning we got Maggie and per her suggestion had a wonderful brunch at The Flying Biscut ( well worth the 45 min wait!) I tried real grits and fried green tomatoes for the first time. To die for. We spent the day relaxing and walking around quaint downtown Decatur until it was time to go! Aside from a potential luggage snafu that was avoided, it was wonderful!! Stay tuned for the last leg of the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment