Friday, June 22, 2012

Sayonara Santiago

Yesterday I found out that I have been placed in the town of Galvarino in Arucania. It looks beautiful and very rural. Temuco is the closest large city from what I can tell. I will be teaching high school which should be nothing short of interesting.I leave on a bus at 10:50pm tonight and arriving in Galvarino at 9am on Saturday. The host family apparently has a picture of me and will meet me at the bus then. Monday I will meet my head teacher and attend a regional orientation in Temuco with the other volunteers in my region. For the last day in Santiago we had a few final lectures on culture and appropriate behaviors. We ended early and Colleen and I went to Santa Lucia park and climbed to the top off the observation tower. I have some great pictures that I will share. Tonight they have planned a cocktail hour at the hostel before we depart. I hope to have decent access to Internet in my town but realize it may be far less accessible. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment